If you’re wondering how you can refresh your appearance without surgery, the Pellevé Wrinkle Reduction System may be right for you. The Pellevé System safely and effectively treats facial wrinkles with virtually no pain and no downtime.
Pellevé precisely delivers energy to the dermal (deep) tissue using advanced radio-frequency technology to induce collagen contraction without damaging the epidermis (surface). This collagen and protein stimulation causes new collagen formation deep in the dermal layers, while existing bands of collagen tighten in subcutaneous fat, creating surface tightening in the epidermis.
What is Radiofrequency?
Radiofrequency (RF) allows clinicians to safely create a heated treatment zone to induce collagen contraction in facial skin without damaging the epidermis. Increased resistance causes heat buildup at the subdermal junction which results in further collagen denaturation, stimulating the growth of new collagen.
Pellevé delivers energy through a selection of GlideSafe® Handpieces to the dermal tissue using advanced RF technology. These handpieces are designed to deliver precise treatment to all areas of the face, including the delicate areas around the eyes. Compact and maneuverable, they easily glide over varied contours of the face and neck, allowing customizable treatments for each patient.
PelleFirm, is reserved for body applications. It uses RF technology as well to increase collagen production to tighten the skin.
Pellevé can be used to treat the following
Before and after
Patients report that it actually feels like a warm massage. Patients may experience minor swelling or redness that might last from 2 – 24 hours, but we’ve never seen anyone leave our office with either of those two (2) effects but we like to keep our patients informed.
info + pricing
No numbing needed.
Triceps $500 per side
Is the Pellevé System FDA-approved?
In 2009, the FDA approved the Pellevé for the treatment of mild to moderate facial wrinkles.
Is Pellevé safe?
Clinical studies have proven that Pellevé’s treatments are a safe and effective way to reduce wrinkles without surgery. The side effects and discomfort are minimal, and no anesthetics are used or needed during the procedure.
How many treatments do I need?
Many people see results immediately after just one treatment. For most patients, a series of three treatments spaced about one month apart is recommended for optimal long-term resuls. Additional maintenance treatments protect your investment and youth! The frequency will be determined by you goals and Dr. Mai and her clinical team.
How long do the results last?
There are immediate results after Pellevé treatment, however like hair-coloring, nothing is permanent! You need to maintain to keep up the fresh look. Talk to Dr. Mai and her clinical team about how you can make results last longer.
The noticeable improvement in skin quality and appearance comes with minimal side effects and no recovery time. Results continue to improve for six months.
How soon will I see an improvement?
In most cases you will see a visible tightening and lifting effect immediately after one session. Your skin will feel firmer and smoother as the texture and tone improves.
How long is the treatment?
Depending on which areas you are having done, it usually takes from 20 minutes for just the eye area up to 60 minutes for a full face treatment.
What can I expect after a treatment?
There is no recovery time needed after a Pellevé treatment. You may be slightly pink with mild swelling for a few hours. You can wear makeup right away and resume normal activities, so it fits easily into a busy schedule.
Can a Pellevé treatment be combined with other cosmetic treatments?
Dr. Mai frequently recommends combining Pellevé with wrinkle relaxing agents and fillers (immediately AFTER Pelleve). Schedule a consultation to have your best treatment plan formulated based on your skin type and your aesthetic goals.
- If you are pregnant or nursing.
- If you are currently on Accutane. Treatment can be done 6 months after the last dose of Accutane – if the face is being treated.
If you have an active cold sore/fever blister or skin infection.
1 Week Before Treatment:
- Avoid sun exposure and sunless tanning. Sun burned or tanned skin will not be treated.
- All skin irritants must be stopped (glycolic/ salicylic acids, benzoyl peroxide, retinol products such as Retin A, Tazorac, Triluma, Differin, and Vitamin C) on the area being treated.
- Advise staff when taking antibiotics. Certain antibiotics (Tetracycline, Doxycycline) can make a patient photosensitive, therefore, treatment may not be able to done until two weeks after completion of antibiotic.
Day Before Treatment:
- Please let the staff know if you have a history of cold sores/fever blisters PRIOR to treatment, so an anti-viral medication can be prescribed. Treatment can not be done if you have an active cold sore or skin infection and will be rescheduled.
Day of Treatment:
- If this is your first treatment, please arrive 30 minutes prior to your treatment to take photos and make sure consents are signed.
Do not wear any make-up or moisturizers on the area being treated, however, we have cleaners that can be used for you to remove in the office.
- If a patient chooses to use a topical numbing (anesthetic) cream or take an anti-anxiety medication, please arrive 45 minutes prior to treatment. Please purchase the topical anesthetic PRIOR to treatment from our staff. Instructions will be given to the patient at the time of purchase to ensure proper application. Additionally, if you choose to take an anti-anxiety medication, we suggest that you have someone drive you home after your treatment.
- It is normal for the area treated to have redness and swelling. It is uncommon for a blister or bruise to develop. Should you develop a blister, a topical antibiotic ointment such as polysporin can be used twice daily until healed.
- An ice pack should be avoided to maximize treatment results. Pain medication post treatment is not necessary.
- Makeup can be applied immediately post treatment.
- Waxing, tweezing, and depilatory creams can be resumed 3 days post treatment.
- Avoid hot tubs, saunas, steam rooms and exercise post treatment. However, all other normal activity can be resumed.
- A non-exfoliant cleaner and light moisturizer can be used the day of treatment. You can resume normal skin care the next day.
- All skin irritants (glycolic/salicylic acids, benzoyl peroxide, retinol products, or vitamin C) can be resumed 3 days post treatment.
- An SPF 30 or higher with Zinc Oxide will be applied immediately post treatment. Please continue apply sunblock daily to maximize your results and minimize irritation.
The Pellevé Skin Tightening System is a revolutionary innovation for smoother, tighter skin.
With Pellevé, you can look and feel refreshed, naturally, with immediate and lasting improvement.